ECCI/SDI Low Carbon Delegation to Hong Kong - 22 to 29 October 2016
- Does your business have a sustainable, low carbon solution that displaces higher carbon products or services?
- Are you looking to grow and expand to new markets?
- Are you interested in internationalising and exporting?
- Do you want access a wide range of support services, global networks and contacts and expert advice?
Aims of the mission
This trip will Introduce Scottish companies to senior Hong Kong business in key, cross-cutting sectors, as well as academic, voluntary and government representatives. We will help you explore potential partnerships, customers and business growth opportunities in the medium to long-term.
Access Team Scotland Support
This is a Team Scotland trip, working with a wide partnership including SDI, Scottish Enterprise, Invest Hong Kong, CBBC, The Hong Kong Science and Technology Park, Napier University and the University of Edinburgh, BRE Scotland and UKTI to deliver:
- Initial briefing 18 August 2016, 3-5pm, Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation
- Pre trip briefing/webinar September, date TBC, ECCI
- Exhibitor passes, display stand and speaking opportunities at Eco Expo Asia at the AsiaWorld-Expo (AWE) 26-29 October. The fair is an international trading platform showcasing the latest innovations in environmental protection industries from around the world. Find out more here http://bit.ly/L89Exg
- High level (invitation only) networking and social events with local sponsors and networks
- Targeted meetings and pitches – a number of meetings with organisations interested and pre-briefed regarding Scottish low carbon products and projects such as UKTI, Invest Hong Kong, Swire Group, China Light and Power, Marks & Spencer, HK Jockey Club and PolyU
- Meet with the new director of the Scotland Hong Kong Carbon Innovation Centre at the Hong Kong Science and Technology Park (HKSTP)
- Site visits to low carbon good practice in and around Hong Kong such as the award-winning mobility and data management platform, Octopus and MTR • Individual B2B meetings with key HK and international businesses and investors
What are the opportunities?
The opportunities in Hong Kong and Asia are horizontal and cross cutting – opportunities exist for business solutions that are sustainable, low carbon or can displace a higher carbon product or service. We also support businesses in the following sectors:
- Renewable energy
- Clean transport initiatives (innovative transport (land/marine)
- Low carbon finance, education, policy and market structure
- Smart sustainable cities and islands
- Smart built environment
- Waste Management & recycling
- Water and Waste Water
- Low carbon sustainable building construction (new and retrofit)
- Air quality
- Biofuels and bioenergy (fuel/energy from waste)
Why Hong Kong?
Hong Kong a major financial centre with a population of seven million people, large infrastructure projects and important priorities with regard to energy efficiency, waste and water management, data capture and usage and intelligent mobility. Hong Kong and it’s the economically vital Pearl River Delta region (PRD) with its huge manufacturing base and new super-cities offer enormous business potential for Scottish companies. As Asia’s new breed of city is directly incentivising investment and expenditure in green infrastructure and the built environment opportunities for Scottish businesses with low carbon products and services are finding new markets in the city which offers a gateway to China.
Interested and want to find out more? Contact us for full details on the trip, funding applications and available support. Or join us on 18 August for a preliminary briefing session at ECCI.
To express interest and request details on how to apply for a place please contact:
Doreen Reid, Scottish Development International (SDI), Doreen.Reid@scotent.co.uk
Ed Craig, (ECCI), email@example.com
Siobhan Dunn, (ECCI), Siobhan.firstname.lastname@example.org
About Scottish Enterprise & Scottish Development International (SDI)
SDI helps foreign companies invest and thrive in Scotland, and local enterprises make the most of international trade and global markets. Whether its finding key global markets or recruiting experts to help with the development of international strategy, SDI puts businesses in touch with the right people to help get started. Products and services from Scotland are in demand around the world and SDI can identify the right suppliers and partners to help companies do business with Scotland. SDI is the international arm of Scotland's development agencies. If your company is considering Scotland, we can provide a full support service, whether it’s to invest, relocate, partner, trade or expand here. Find out more about SDI on the website http://www.sdi.co.uk/
About Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation (ECCI)
The Centre – hosted by the University of Edinburgh – is Scotland‘s key Low Carbon hub working to broker, catalyse and accelerate ideas from leading thinkers and practitioners from business, the public and third sectors and academia to address the complex problems associated with the transition to a low carbon future, thus – “turning good ideas into reality locally and globally”. ECCI actively engage and support over 1000 organisations and enterprises to develop and implement low carbon products and services, identify and accelerate smart city and rural projects, incubate and enable innovative enterprises as well as hosting over 15,000 people per year for high quality education, skills training, workshops and conferencing at our state of the art award winning centre in the heart of Edinburgh. To find out more about ECCI, to access case studies, or to contact a member of the team please visit the website, www.edinburghcentre.org.