ClimateLaunchpad The world’s biggest cleantech business ideas competition.
20 April 2016
APPLY NOW for ClimateLaunchpad - The world’s biggest cleantech business ideas competition
ClimateLaunchpad is a business ideas competition, running across 28 European countries this summer, and in Scotland for the first time. With a total prize fund in excess of €1 million, anyone with an idea or early stage startup can apply and get up to €105,000 in cash and grants to help them develop and grow.
ClimateLaunchpad is entirely complementary to support you might get from programmes such as Informatics Ventures, Scottish EDGE, the Converge Challenge and indeed seed and angel investment rounds.
We love back-of-the-napkin stage ideas that have global potential. You could be an industry engineer, scientist, corporate executive or public sector worker, who would like to spin-out an idea or embark on an entrepreneurial career.
You could be a student, academic or an individual working on something amazing in your garage! In addition to support through cash and grants, you will also benefit from a two-day bootcamp, engaging with our panel of judges, mentors and investors, and networking with like-minded people growing similar businesses in Scotland and across Europe.
The Scottish stage of ClimateLaunchpad is open now and applications must be submitted by Monday 9th May 2016. Here are some key facts:
• ClimateLaunchpad is open to anyone, but you must have an intention to set up a new venture to drive forward your idea. Just an intention, you don’t have to have set up a company yet. We can support you in doing this too.
• If you have already set up your company, that’s all good. But it must be less than one year old. There is some flexibility here, for example if you have set up a shell company more than a year ago to spin-out from a university.
• If incorporated already, your new company must not have received more than €200,000 in “State Aid” or investment.
• You shouldn’t be generating revenue from your idea, product or service yet.
• When we say “cleantech” and “environment” we mean anything that broadly relates to climate change and reducing emissions. So this could be renewable energy, cleantech, energy efficiency, transportation, behaviour change, digital / cleanweb, the sharing economy, the circular economy and lots more!
Key dates and commitments you have to make if applying:
• Applications (the form is short and easy) must be made by Monday 9th May 2016: http://climatelaunchpad.org/application-form/
• You or your team must be available to attend a two-day bootcamp on 23rd & 24th May 2016 at the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation: http://edinburghcentre.org/
• You or your team must be available to attend the Scottish national final on Wednesday 13th July 2016, again at the Edinburgh Centre for Carbon Innovation.
• You or your team must be available to attend the EU final in Tallinn, Estonia, on 7th-8th October 2016.
The good news here is that your travel to and accommodation in Estonia will be fully funded by ClimateLaunchpad Scotland.
For more information visit: http://climatelaunchpad.scot/ If you have any questions please contact Andrew Mitchell, ClimateLaunchpad national lead for Scotland:
email: firstname.lastname@example.org | twitter: @roomitchell | phone: +44(0)7793.111.386