ECCI Ideas Lab Resident Wins Wildcard EDGE Award
24 June 2016
ECCI Ideas Lab Resident Godwin Osigwe picked up a Wildcard EDGE Award at the Award Ceremony held at RBS HQ this week.
Scottish EDGE is a competition aimed at identifying and supporting Scotland’s up-and-coming, innovative, high-growth potential entrepreneurial talent, and the WildCard Edge award is targeted at companies who are pre-trading.
Godwin had made it through several rounds, presenting the product and business idea to several panels of experienced judges and business experts.
Godwin's company WindAir Systems provides “active” sealed glass units that can be used in windows/doors to prevent excess solar heat energy.
Announcing the winners of the Wild Card EDGE, Evelyn McDonald, CEO of Scottish EDGE, commented: “We are absolutely delighted to be able to announce the twelve winners of the Scottish EDGE Round 8 Wild Card competition. The twelve pre-trading businesses selected by our panel of expert judges reflect the huge variety of fantastically innovative products and ideas being developed across Scotland and we look forward to supporting these entrepreneurs in helping their businesses launch and grow in the future.”
The other Scottish EDGE Round 8 Wild Card Winners include:
- Blusho: A social-shopping platform for beauty, driven by user generated content.
- Cyclogical: Creators of ‘Gripster’ – the bike storage solution that is a little bit off the wall.
- Eat2Enjoy: Provide delicious frozen meals designed specifically to meet the nutritional and energy requirements of the elderly.
- Ergo Fitness: Designed the ‘Arcufit Bar’ – the first ergonomically designed, weighted barfor the fitness community.
- Estendio: Developed ‘PresentPal’ – technology for dyslexics, developed by dyslexics.
- Handy Handle Jig: Innovative product for DIY enthusiasts to support the task of putting handles on doors.
- MIME Technologies: Wireless platform technology that simplifies the capture, reporting & audit of medical data.
- Pio Design: Developed a keyboard that will transform computer input across a range of technology and educational sectors.
- Study Ninja: A kick-ass app to help students smash their exams.
- Trossachs Distillery: Manufacturers of McQueen Gin, with unique distilled flavours including Chocolate Mint and Mocha.
- Veloeye: Mobile, light and convenient bike theft deterrent and retrieval system which harnesses the power of social media.
To find out more about the Scotedge competition visit www.scotedge.com