Watch the recording of our Green Career Pathways event - recorded at COP26 on 7 November 2021.
This event was hosted at the COP26-Green Zone, as part of the official programme.
Through keynotes, a panel discssion and questions from the audience, the event explored the roles of education, training, and employment in delivering a resilient and equitable transition to net zero.
Our panel of 'green' professionals also provided insights into how to navigate green career pathways, exploring challenges and opportunities.
The event brought together:
- The Rt Hon Michelle Donelan, Minister of State for Higher and Further Education
- Catherine Barber, Deputy Director, Industrial Energy Transformation, BEIS, UK Government
- Charlotte Bonner, National Head of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) at ETF, and member of the COP26 Universities Education & Skills steering group
- Rhona Turnbull, Climate, Environment and Emerging Issues Lead at NatWest Group
- Jenny Young, Head of Strategy, Policy & Insights, Engineering Construction Industry Training Board, and member of the COP26 Universities Education & Skills steering group
The panel was chaired by Prof Dave Reay, Director of ECCI, University of Edinburgh, and member of the UK Government’s Green Jobs Taskforce.